Feb 18, 2009

Sound Judgement & Discernment

Greetings, fellow WorldChangers - This week I'm in Salt-Lake City, Utah - attending a Conference. If you've never been to Salt-Lake City, I'd highly recommend it - very beautiful terrain.

Lately, I've been spending more and more of my time thinking about Leadership - thought leadership, servant leadership and personality traits of great leaders. Recently - I launched the Leadership Journal - to help socialize some of my ideas and those of other thought leaders. I'm hoping that the Journal will become a good resource for aspiring leaders everywhere. A forum through which we can all learn about the skill and character traits required to be a great leader.

This morning - I found myself thinking about Dr Ben Carson, and what I learnt from him, about leading a purposeful life. One thing he mentioned - which resonated with me, was that he reads something the book of Proverbs every day.

I understand that not all of my blog readers are Christians - some of you may not be religious, that doesn't mean you won't benefit from the insights in the book of Proverbs. There is something for everyone and every situation - in that book.

Today - I read Chapt 3 - vs 21-25. It talks about the value of sound judgment and discernment. It also counsels readers not to be consumed by fear of sudden disaster. It seems to me that, in these hard times, we all need a little encouragement. I get mine through prayer and reading the bible. I'd like to challenge anyone who reads this post - to pick up a bible and read one or two lines from the book of Proverbs. You can get a version of the bible which breaks down the core message, in simple everyday language.

Perhaps you're thinking - You don't have time? 5 minutes is all you need...

Try to make the effort - you have absolutely nothing to lose, and plenty to gain.

Peace........

No comments: